Most of these websites work well on the interactive whiteboard. Some are tablet friendly.
- Scoilnet has been redeveloped recently and has lots of fantastic resources for schools.
- World Book Online can be accessed for free through Scoilnet.
- Scoilnet have collated lots of useful STEM resources here.
- Seadeán Sí Gaeilge resources.
- Nrich Maths resources.
- Science Kids website.
- Stay Safe Programme online resources and teacher manuals.
- https://www.makebeliefscomix.com is a free online tool for creating comic strips. It works best on laptops but could be used on tablets too. Students can choose from a range of backgrounds and characters and can add speech bubbles and thinking bubbles etc. This website could be used for creating stories or for storyboarding an animation. Students can print their comics or save them to work on later (username and password required; email address not necessary). This would be suitable from 1st Class upwards.
- https://watchkin.com is an excellent tool which allows you to watch YouTube videos in the classroom without distractions. It works by allowing you to search for a video or pasting in YouTube link and it removes the suggested videos sidebar as well as the comments section.
- https://bouncyballs.org/ is a free classroom noise monitor. The sensitivity level can be adjusted if necessary.